How to update your Chrome Browser. Google warns of an exploit and says you should update your Chrome Browser now. This is a tutorial on how to update your Chrome Browser in Windows 10.
Update your chrome browser when it is available
Normally updates happen in the background when you close and reopen your computer's browser. But if you haven't closed your browser in a while, you might see a pending update:
This is where to find the update:
- On your computer, open Google Chrome.
- At the top right, look at More .
- If an update is pending, the icon will be colored:
- Green: An update was released less than 2 days ago.
- Orange: An update was released about 4 days ago.
- Red: An update was released at least a week ago.
To update Google Chrome manually:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click Update Google Chrome.
- Important: If you can't find this button, you're on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
The browser saves your opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically when it restarts. Your Incognito windows won't reopen when Chrome restarts. If you'd prefer not to restart right away, click Not now. The next time you restart your browser, the update will be applied.
How to setup a dark theme in Google Chrome.
Gear We use: